Hello from us @ Enlivened Beverages!
This is an unprecedented time, and one, that we hope as a community, we are taking advantage of to continue to expand, dream, nourish, grow and connect to a greater purpose.
As we get closer to life returning back to some sort of rhythm(?), I wanted to share with you some self-care tips, links and videos that I’ve shared with my clients in my Ayurvedic practice. We are now beginning to meditate on how we will reintegrate back into society. How will we regain our feeling of ‘safety’ out in public. How we are planning on resuming our ‘daily’ life going forward. Ayurveda, the science of self-healing, give us tools to assure that we will continue to have a robust and functioning immune system.
In Ayurveda, we understand that we build a healthy body with diet, life-style/self-care and proper sleep. These three areas build a healthy body and mind. How do we do that? Well that would take a day to teach you that but you can learn the basics by checking out the link below from Banyan Botanicals. https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/info/ayurvedic-living/learning-ayurveda/
Here are some simple tips to nourish and support your immune system!
- Maintain Lifestyle:
- Make sure you’re getting into NATURE! If we spend more time indoors, in front of screens, phones, wi-fi etc we lower our physical and mental vibration. We are made of frequencies..the Earth has a frequency called the Schumann Resonance which is called the Earth’s heartbeat. When we get out into Nature we are in harmony with the Earth not disease or man made things. More about this: https://www.healtone.com/pages/the-human-body-frequency.html
Tip: Listen to Schumann Resonance as a calming meditation for relaxation/sleep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WpfgkvzaNc
- Terrain is EVERYTHING! When our lymph is moving, our minds are calm, our microbiome is fed, our hearts are happy…we can be assured of our Health. http://letstalknutrition.com/the-terrain-within-a-naturalistic-way-to-think/
Tip: Maintain your immune system with Self-care: Go for a walk, jump on a trampoline, laugh, do a salt scrub, take a detox bath with Epsom Salts.
- Maintain Diet:
But 1st!! Let me plug why you should be drinking our Enlivened Beverages… Ferments with Lactic Acid bacteria are key to a robust defense against viruses. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/12/171213130328.htm
Water kefir beverages like Enlivened Beverages are an important partner to create healthy bacteria in the gut! What kind of strains of bacteria are in water kefir? https://www.yemoos.com/pages/water-kefir-strains
Increase these foods in your diet:
- Vitamin A-rich foods: Vitamin A is our number one protection against viruses. Best sources of cheese, butter, fish, cod liver oil.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D works with vitamin A to give us a strong immune system. Best sources are cod liver oil, egg yolks, butter from grass-fed cows, fish, oatmeal, and mushrooms (leave them in the sun for a few hours to increase vit D).
- Zinc: Zinc plays a critical role in the immune system—it is zinc that gives white blood cells their white color. Zinc is also a co-factor for vitamin A. Best sources of Zinc are oysters, meat, seeds, nuts, legumes, whole grains and dark chocolate.
- Coconut Oil: The coronavirus is a lipid-coated virus that pegs out in the presence of medium-chain triglycerides–and coconut oil is our best source of these healthy fats.
- Gelatin-rich bone broth: Supports the immune system and helps us detoxify.
- Vitamin C: Your best source is fermented veggies like sauerkraut, oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, lemons, limes, fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme
- Saturated Fats: Coronavirus has an affinity for the lungs, and the lungs can’t work without saturated fats, so eat plenty of butter and avoid all industrial fats and oils
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!: The virus attacks the respiratory system, however, most of the damage is caused by the immune system, which unleashes a massive defense to stop the virus from spreading. In the process, millions of immune system cells attack the virus and infected lung tissues but end up wreaking havoc on the entire lung. The lungs are 83% water! Learn more about water and the human body! https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/water-science-school/science/water-you-water-and-human-body?qt-science_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects
Recipes for Hydration:
Ayurvedic Lemonade (your very own hydrating sport drink!)
32 oz Water
Juice of 1 Lemon or Lime
1/8 tsp of Himalyan, Celtic or Atlantic Grey Salt
2 tsp of Maple Syrup, Honey or Molasses (your choice)
Preparation: Combine all ingredients together and drink, can add Coconut Water or Aloe Vera Juice
Flax Water (high in Omega fatty acids, reduces inflammation in the body etc)
32 oz of water
2 oz Flaxseed
Preparation: First, add the Flaxseed to the water, either warm or cold. Then, let this sit fovernight (best) or 30mins (min). Stir and drink, the water has taken on a gel consistency
As always, we at Sonoma Enlivened are looking for ways to continue to support you our community in health and wellness. We are working on finding new ways to bring our products to you in the changing marketplace. Sign up for our membership, to continue to receive updates, invitation and news. https://enlivened.me/shop/beverages/kefir-club-membership/
Big blessing and big love,